Search Discovery Survey
We have a 2-page Discovery Process form for each Parishioner to fill in to assist the Search Committee in their task. You can:
- Answer the questions in person or by phone with a Search Committee Member
- Print out the form by clicking on this Printable Form Link, fill it in, and leave it at the office
- Fill in and submit the form online by clicking this Online Survey Link and answer the questions, separating answers by commas.
Rector Search Team
Mae Sinclair and Mike Werner
Mary Gannon, Rose Hartley, Dorothy Hendrickson, Philip McKindley, Doug Meyers, Colin Smith, Sidney Sneed, Dovie Templin, Marjorie Thompson
- At both services on Sunday, November 22, 2020, Rev. Bruce Jackson announced that he retires as our rector on December 31. This letter was also sent to all parishioners.
- Bishop Jennifer Reddall sent this letter, dated December 4, to the congregation to clarify the diocesan canon regarding clergy mandatory retirement age.
- On January 11, 2021, we will welcome our Interim Rector, Rev. Dave Rickert. Fr. Dave shared this bio.
- On May 16, 2021, Search Co-Chair Mike Werner, read this announcement at the 10:00 a.m. service.
Tracy Hare, our Senior Warden, will provide updates to the congregation as we progress through this transition. Those updates will be posted on this page. We ask that you keep our church leadership and fellow members of the parish in your prayers during this time.
Here are some FAQs that may help answer initial questions.
What does Rev. Jackson leaving mean for St. John the Baptist?
In 2021, our church will begin a search to call our next rector.
How long will it be before we have another rector?
It typically takes 12-18 months.
Will we be without a priest during that time?
No. An Interim will be arriving on January 11, 2021 to work with the church leadership during this process.
Couldn't the Interim just be our next Rector?
No. The Interim has a different responsibility during this transition period -- to get St. John the Baptist ready for it's next rector.
If we don't have a rector, who's in charge?
Beginning on January 1, 2021, Tracy Hare, our Senior Warden, will be the ecclesiastical authority. He will work in conjunction with the Interim Rector and the Vestry to make decisions.
What does the process involve?
The Rev. Canon Anita Braden, Canon to the Ordinary, will be meeting with the Vestry at their January meeting to discuss the process. After that meeting, an outline of the process will be shared with the congregation.